Sunday, June 24, 2012

What time is it?

June 21st

I got up late today and went to go get some water.  The only nearby water source was lousy so I bleach treated it.  I decided I would get ahold of Treksta because my shoes are falling apart.  After several calls I have up and decided to email them.  I was really tired so I decided to lay back down for a bit.

When I woke up it was after 1:00.  I went ahead and are lunch as I packed up camp. I ended up doing a short day which was good because I had pushed pretty hard getting into town.

I met some guys at the camp and we are planning on doing 17 miles tomorrow with some big elevation.  It will be the most challenging day so far.

I keep forgetting to mention that the squirrels here are miniature. 

They say the Appalachian Trail is a footpath for those who seek fellowship with the wilderness.  In Maine, the trail is a brutal obstacle course for those who like to punish themselves and see toads, garter snakes, and rodents.

Today I saw something that was rather disappointing.  At one mountain top there were trees sawed down just to create a view.  The views are to be earned, not given at the expense of the trees.

At the same viewpoint the dastardly dumper struck once more!  From what I have been hearing there is a lady that is to good for the privies so she just poops next the trail out in the middle of camp and leaves everything there.  No cat hole, no 15 paces into the woods, and not even a leaf on top.  I have seen this four times and heard reports of more.  Those of us here hiking the trail should have way more respect than that.  One bad apple...

~ Stealth

4 comments:

  1. I hope you don't slip on a big pile of poop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogging is all well and good but when will you post more nude pics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are doing great. Where are you now? You haven't posted anything in a while. Chandea

    ReplyDelete