Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Whites

July 10

Sorry I haven't been writing. I'm in the White Mountains now.  I climbed Washington yesterday and Madison the day before.  Today I hiked 21 miles, my new record, in the Whites to put some icing on the cake.  I delivered some mail from hut to hut so I am getting work for stay  which is awesome.  For a little work, which is normally dish washing or talking about thru hiking to the day hikers, I get to gorge on their leftovers and a spot to sleep on the floor.  The food is the business!!! The day hikers stay up late so you end up losing sleep. 

Mt. Washington is awesome besides all the tourists.  I climbed in enviable weather, clear skies, with temps on the summit in the 40s and wind speeds around 60 mph. 

I'm still having fun everyday and loving the trip.  I have worn out a pair of shoes and socks.  Hanover, NH is less than a week out and there is an EMS in town to get fresh foot covers.  Treksta owes me a pair of shoes but that is an ongoing nightmare.  They will not be getting anymore of my business.

It is great to have a watch! Thank you father!!!

-Stealth

No comments:

Post a Comment