Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Feelin' Good

June 19th

I've been slacking... I got up at 8:30 and had planned on doing 17.5 miles.  I woke up without any pain and felt great.  I quickly ate my poptarts and brushed my teeth as I packed up camp. 

I found my stride and the trail was smoother today so I was cruising. The trail was rather unremarkable today.  Not that it was boring just nothing noteworthy besides a really nice bridge over a bog. 

I passed a fairly famous person today in hiker terms.  Yogi, the author of a Pacific Crest Trail guidebook.  The Nobos last night told me I would pass her, otherwise I would have had no idea.  I didn't stop to talk because I was in the zone.

I stopped for lunch ten miles in and ate quickly.  Once hiking again I passed an unofficial 2000 mile mark for Nobos. I think it was closer to 2020 because I don't under 2000 to go until tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am going to get as close Stratton as possible. Then Thursday I will be able to get in to town early to resupply and recharge my battery pack.

The trail between here and Stratton is over two mountains and features some exposed ridge line.  It should be beautiful and challenging so I'm looking forward to it.

Finally feeling good, feels great!!!

-Stealth

No comments:

Post a Comment