Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

July 13

I zeroed at Chet's in Lincoln yesterday.  I went swimming with some fellow hikers at a condo complex down the street.  I ate four big meals including biscuits and homemade sausage gravy prepared by Gaga.

Today I was going to get up early and do nineteen miles to meet up with Gaga and Little Wing tomorrow morning.  They are slackpacking which means they take only food and water and hike a big day Northbound.  I figured out I'm a purist so I won't slack.  I came out here to backpack the trail and I'm sticking to it.  I may not get my miles in with my late start but I'll catch them tomorrow.

I have some big climbs today and they are all in the shade which will be nice because it is rather warm here.  I will be over 400 miles by the end of tomorrow. I will be out of the mountains and New Hampshire in a week.

There are computers for hikers to use at Dartmouth and I will try to get some videos and pictures uploaded.

Enjoy your weekend everyone, I know I will.

-Stealth

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're still on the trail. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete