Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dancing Bones

July 14th

I finally caught up to my friends who are already asleep here at the Dancing Bones Community.  I had a tough day...   I got so dehydrated I stopped sweating for the last couple hours and had cold chills walking up hill.  I couldn't drink enough water to make up for the amount I was sweating.  To make matters worse I wasn't hungry last night so I skipped dinner and it killed my energy.

I climbed Mt. Moosilauke today it was rather disappointing for a 4800 foot mountain.  There were atleast twenty tourists at the peak and visibility was terrible due to hazy air.  I think I am done with big climbs until the Smokies.  That is bittersweet for sure but more bitter than sweet.

I made a bacon parmesan Knorr side with bacon pieces and cream from the community fridge, it is delicious for trail food.  I hope they don't mind that I used the cream or that helped myself to some sweet tea.

On that note the things I think about most on trail:

1. Beautiful women
2. Ice cold sweet tea and Mountain Dew
3. Good pulled pork bbq
4. Creamy coleslaw
5. Cold beer (IPA)
6. Showers

Thanks to Dancing Bones I got 2 & 6 tonight!!!  And I cooked on a real stove in the outdoor kitchen.

Gaga, Little Wing, and I have a short day planned tomorrow and it us supposed to thunderstorm in the afternoon.  Hopefully I will get up early and knockout the miles so I can sit in the shelter and watch!

Love you all.

-Stealth

No comments:

Post a Comment