Monday, August 6, 2012

Kaleidoscope

August 5th

Today I will pass into Connecticut and say goodbye to Massachusetts.  It should be my only night in Connecticut, since there are only 52 miles of trail there.

I feel mentally refreshed after a wonderful visit from my mother.  She had spent a whole day making plans for our time together and they quickly got destroyed after the airline lost her luggage and I got sick.  I would say everything worked out much better than we could have planned.  We did much less hiking than was planned and I was grateful. I needed a break.  We took some time to drive to Rhode Island since neither of us had ever been.  The next day we visited some covered bridges and hiked six miles of the trail over a mountain and had dinner at the local brewery.  The last day we walked around Great Barrington, MA and enjoyed a nice lunch before we went our separate ways.

I can't thank my mother enough.  She continues to be my biggest supporter and fan.  Thank you Mom!!!!

Now that I feel mentally and physically rejuvenated, back to hiking.  I plan on averaging big miles if I can stay focused.  I just saw that Sunday Ticket is free this year on Direct TV.  The Broncos are going to be playing for a Super Bowl.  I need to see it unfold...

Stealth

Life is like an ever-shifting kaleidoscope – a slight change, and all patterns alter.  -Sharon Salzberg

1 comment:

  1. You're the man Brent!! So proud of you dude. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete